Health – Drawing in Pairs

Health – Drawing in Pairs

29.02.24

Today during health we played this game where there would be a pair of students. One had a picture that they had to describe to the other person who was drawing it. Basically, we had to communicate with each other to try and get as close to the picture as we could.

Hauora

This game was pretty positive. The parts of my Hauora that were shown first were:

• Taha Tinana (Physical) – Because we had to take turns drawing which is a physical thing.
  • Taha Whanau (Social) – We had to communicate to get as close to the picture as we could.
  • Taha Hinengaro (Mental & Emotional) – My buddy and I laughed at how far the drawing was from the actual thing. (For some reason I misheard Rectangle for a Square).
  • Taha Wairua (Spiritual) – I didn’t know I was horrible at following verbal instructions as well as giving them.

Social Justice 

I think Social Justice was shown because everyone was included and there weren’t fights and people left out (from what I saw). Some cheated which isn’t fair, but I think most of the class was fair.

Participation

I think I participated well. I gave instructions to my buddy and he did the same. We had a few laughs from how wrong I got it.

Key Concepts

PIS – Personal between you. Interpersonal between you and a small group of people. Societal is for everyone.

Social Justice – Fairness, Non-discrimination and inclusivity.

Short-term and Long-term – Short-term is under 3 months, and long-term is over 3 months.

Consequence – the outcome of your decisions/actions.

One thought on “Health – Drawing in Pairs

1. Kia ora,

Thankyou for engaging in this activity. You have shown fantastic understanding of Hauora and the Key Concepts in Health Education! For our next unit I am excited to see you extend yourself in your research project.

Nga Mihi

Miss Bennett